Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

the job hunt **updated 5/5/08

**updated news in Bold**

So, I am applying for jobs and will keep an update on the status of everything here in case you're interested.


1. Nutrition Policy Advocate, California Food Policy Advocates, San Francisco
status: resume submitted, email saying they need more time to assess the applicants 
before they tell me whether or not I get an interview, emailed 4/10 and received a reply thanking me for kick starting his review of the applicants again as he'd become distracted with other responsibilities
description: policy advocate, nutrition education
2. Bilingual Prenatal Clinical Health Educator, La Clinica de la Raza, Vallejo
status: interview went well, will hear next week
description: client assessment and health education
3. places I've emailed or visited: Yolo County Public Health Department, Cooperative Extension UC Davis Nutrition Education Department, Elderly Nutrition Program of Yolo County (Meals on Wheels), 
4. Foods for Health Initiative
status: organization decided to go with two summer internship positions instead of one person and will let me know when they post the internship announcement
description: basically part-time grunt work helping organize the projects they are trying to get running and event they are having in the fall
5. emails from Kristin and Matchi with Sacramento area contacts for possible job opportunities
6. Research Assistant, Walter R. McDonald & Associates, Inc., Sacramento, CA
status: resume submitted 4/28
description: managing project files and activities for a firm that does consulting to improve the lives of children and families
7. Program Coordinator: Obesity Prevention, California Medical Association Foundation, Sacramento, CA
status: resume and cover letter emailed and snail-mailed 4/28
description: coordinate speaking appearances and volunteer activities between Obesity Prevention Physician Champions and community-based organizations
8. Volunteering in a 1st grade spanish immersion class at César Chávez Elementary School MW mornings
9. Junior Specialist, Strawberry Study, UC Davis
status: emailed current coordinator and she wants me to start shadowing her, meeting with her tomorrow to talk about the job and hopefully accept the position!
description: coordinating subject visits and instructing them on how to prepare shakes and take their blood pressure, recruiting and following up with subjects

I'll keep updating as more happens, but as of right now, I'm playing the waiting game.

2 comments:

Madi said...

Good Luck! I bet those 20 that were chosen don't compare to you. Not in the least. Their loss. Too bad people who aren't as cool as us, have a hard time recognizing just how grand we are.

I'll be praying for you. Something will work out!

Anonymous said...

The jobs you didn't get weren't right for you. The best job will come to you! Love Uncle Jim