It has certainly been awhile since I posted anything. I did get the job I talked about in my last post, but things didn't go down how I thought they would. I have been doing a formal volunteership for the last 2 months to be trained as the study coordinator. It has been nice having Taryn for so long to show me the ropes, but I'm getting excited to make it my own. I have ordered a bunch of supplies that can be my very own in the lab and am reorganizing things in ways that make more sense to my brain. The sad thing is, I really like Taryn! It has been SO much fun hanging out with her and I hope we can keep in touch. We are very alike and get along great.
I am looking foward to getting a paycheck, however I found out today that it is a monthly pay period and it is paid on the 1st of the month. The first date of my official appointment is August 1st, so my first paycheck won't be until September 1st. :-(
I sign the lease to my new studio apartment on August 4th. It's in Downtown Sacramento. It's pretty small, but it's charming. Taryn looked at another studio with me and said this one is the best. And Jesse helped me look at a bunch of different apartments and liked this one the best as well. It has separate, though tiny, kitchen and bathroom areas. The building is an old Spanish-style building that used to have an apartment house party telephone line...and in every unit, or at least the two I saw, there are telephones like the one in Mary Poppins!
Jesse only lives 5 blocks from me, so that's a plus! :-) It will be sad to leave my roommates, but I'm excited. The only issue now is the commute to Davis. I will definitely be taking advantage of the shuttle from UCDMC to UCD.
I have been dating Jesse for four months now and I can't believe how amazing we are. It feels like we have been together forever!! Everything is right this time. For those of you who don't know, he is 26, an EMT, and from the Sacramento area. He has gotten along with everyone I have introduced him to, and I have gotten along with everyone he has introduced me to. We have so much fun together, be it riding his motorcycle, rock climbing, or just hanging out. He bought me a copy of my favorite painting for my birthday and took me to Lake Tahoe because I said I hadn't been there since high school. He is the sweetest guy I've ever met and adores me just as much as I adore him.
That's what's new with me. Life is great right now and I thank God every day for the blessings he has given me. Please let me know what's new with you!
Love and sunshine, me.
No comments:
Post a Comment