Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Burritos

I promise I'll update for real, but I am in LOOOVE with this recipe I came up with on the fly last week.

Super-Yum Southwest Burritos
Makes 6 servings

1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 can ortega chiles, diced
1 package Uncle Ben's 90-second Rice, spanish flavor
1 package cooked, sliced chicken breast strips, Southwest flavor

Cook rice according to directions
Heat other ingredients in a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil
Combine rice with bean mixture and wrap in warm tortilla with shredded pepper-jack cheese, salsa, shredded lettuce, and guacamole (or whatever you've got...I just had the first two, but I think all four would be delicious!!).  I stored the rice separately from the bean/corn mixture, but it probably would do just fine if you mixed them all in a tupperware.  In fact, I did that today for lunch and ate it sans tortilla bc it is sooo super-yum!

Delicious, cheap, quick (cooked and consumed in less than 15 minutes!), packed with protein and nutrients!  I'd have provided you with a picture, but we scarfed it up!!  Buen provecho!

No comments: