As if I didn't have enough to do, now I can add find a place to live in Virginia and figure out how to get there before August 31st. Granted, I do have a wonderful Jesse to help with this, but it is a lot to take on in addition to planning a wedding, working, training a replacement, and hopefully taking Anatomy. Oh, and I also have MOH (maid of honor) duties for my BFF's wedding as well. So, I think I am crazy.
We flew into Dulles Airport Friday afternoon. We took a cab to Jesse's brother-in-law's brother's (Javier) condo in Arlington and met up with his roommate/girlfriend (Linda). She and her friend took us to dinner at their favorite place and then we hung out at the condo for the night.
Saturday morning Linda dropped us at the metro station and we headed into DC for the open house. Lucky for us, there is a stop right at the campus! The open house was great. The school seems like THE place to be. Everyone in my program seems really nice and they were all eager to answer our questions. Jesse and I stayed until the end and though we didn't get to go on a tour of the campus, we did get a lot of insight from current students. The scholarship I got covers everything except books and insurance, and with the stipend I get, I'll be set in those departments. The only thing I have to worry about it living expenses.
Jesse took his national registry test to be able to transfer to AMR in DC. He will hopefully be able to get a job out there and work as an EMT while finishing his prerequisites for nursing. We'll apply for loans to cover all the expenses we can't cover with his income. Luckily for us, the neighborhood we wanted to live in is Arlington, and we got to check out the area merely by staying in it!
After the open house, we walked down to the monuments. We got to see the White House, the Washington Monument, the WWII Memorial, the reflecting pool, and the Lincoln Memorial. We took the metro back to Arlington and met up with Javier and Linda. Jav had been in SD working and arrived Saturday afternoon. We had an amazing dinner and then went home to watch a movie since we were all exhausted.
Sunday morning Javier drove us into the city so we could go to Mass. It only took 15 minutes! After Mass we tried to meet up with my friend Kelly, whom I met in Guatemala, but she got called into work. It was really cold and overcast, so I was wearing earmuffs and my big jacket. We walked down to the Natural History Museum so Jesse could see the dinosaurs and when we came out it was beautiful and warm! We popped into the American History Museum and then headed back to Arlington. Javier picked us up, we grabbed our stuff, and headed back to the airport. It was all smooth sailing and we got home without a hitch.
We are very excited to start this new adventure, but also scared and nervous and, as I'm sure you'll agree, NUTS!! :-)
Oh yeah, and today is our 1 year anniversary. :-) Pretty great month, I'd say.
Love, me.
ps-I'll post pictures when I get a chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment