Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Saturday, May 2, 2009

April 2009

What a full, fun month!!

April started out with a delightful weekend of friends and family.  Saturday the 4th I spent the morning in Woodland bottling wine for a friend, then hit the road for San Francisco, arriving at our hotel mere minutes before Mom, John, Noni, Papa, and Mariana!  We had a delicious dinner across the street with Uncle Dennis, and on Sunday we saw Wicked!!  It was really great and we had a super fun time.  We also went shopping for Mariana's bridesmaid dress and found it, but not the right color or size...so after going to three Macy's in three cities...we (Stephanie and I) finally found it, but in a totally different color than we had originally planned.  It is gorgeous!

The next weekend I travelled home to meet with Frank at the Fort and Dana at Awesome Blossoms.  We got everything set up and the wedding is going to be FABULOUS!  Easter was nice.  We had about 25 people at Mom's house.  

The next week was full of friends visiting from all over!! Kati and Rufina stopped by Davis on their way to see Kati's mom in Loomis and brought Kati's new baby, Xander.  He is adorable and it was nice to catch up with them that Wednesday.  Friday Stephanie Edwards (nee Halladay) was visiting from Idaho and is pregnant!!!  It was really fun to see her, as I don't think I've seen her since her wedding 2 years ago!  That evening, Catherine flew in for Picnic Day and we spent the evening with some of my new friends from Sac State Newman.  We laughed so much my cheeks hurt!!!  Thanks Mandy, Drew, and John for such a fun time!!  

Picnic Day started with breakfast with a bunch of old Newmanites at Cindy's Restaurant.  Best waffle I've ever eaten.  We didn't have very many plans for the day, and spent most of it in line with Mary Stallings and Mary Gallagher to see an anatomy exhibit (we got to pick up prosections of cadavers and everything!!).  The only other things we wanted to do that day were have a root beer float and take a nap in the arboretum during battle of the bands, so we did just that.  Dinner at the Newman Center's Alumni bbq was fun and delish...Ben is a master bbq-er.  :-)

Sunday the 19th we went to Roseville to shop for Catherine's bridesmaid dress!  It is slightly different than Steph and Manana's but it should look beautiful as well.  Catherine had stayed at my apartment the first weekend of April (while I was in SF) and had left me an Easter Egg Hunt!!  We hadn't found the last egg and Catherine looked up and couldn't believe we had missed it!  It was on top of the doorbell.  And it was bright pink.  Oops.  :-p 

The next week was busy at work, and on Thursday the 23rd we went to a Macy's Bridal Registry Event!  We had a lot of fun scanning items and picking out dishes.  There were drinks and appetizers, and we even won the door prize!!!  It is a 4-cup mini Cuisinart food processor!!  I used it last night to make a strawberry vinaigrette and I love it.  I will never buy any kind of prepared dip again.  :-)  

I went home Friday the 24th in preparation of Mariana's bridal shower on Saturday the 25th!!  We had a great time and put on a pretty fun party if I do say so myself!  It was fun for me to see all the great people Mariana has in her life, and for my mom to meet her sister-in-law!  Sunday we went to Michael's to get thank you cards and I saw Manana's car in the parking lot so I called her and said, "So what are you getting at Michael's?"  :-)  She thought I was stalking her!  She loves that store!  

This week wrapped up nicely with some work stress, but also a lot of fun.  We took engagement pictures on Wednesday afternoon and I can't wait to see them!!!  She said they should be ready for a sneak peek today.  Rose's official last day of work was on Thursday and I am going to miss her!  We have had waaay too much fun with our wedding plans and just hanging out at work.  She is awesome.

Today I didn't have to go anywhere!  It was the first weekend in 7 weeks that I haven't had all day plans or out of town plans!  The family is coming up and tomorrow we are all having brunch with Jesse's family.  Should be fun.  Hopefully I'll post sometime before the end of May, but life's busy as you can see, so ciao for now!!

Love, me.

1 comment:

Madi said...

I felt like I had to read this blog very fast. So I did. And even though I read it in my head, I'm out of breath!!

April was a fun month =) Thanks again for the shower and such =) And yes, I do love Michaels. And yes, my bmaid dress is GORGEOUS!