Recently, I have begun baking my own bread and it is soooo fun, though I am not so consistent with the dough rising, etc. Working on it. Any tips would be helpful. :) One of my friends and co-workers from UCD is getting her RD/MS right now at Tufts and has been blogging about the experience. Right now she is doing a cookware giveaway and is featuring baguette pans at my request :) (one of my two breads of choice is french, the other, whole wheat). She has some great insights into the nutrition world and I am very impressed by her blog. Check it out here.
I am very excited to continue on this food journey! Last week I was Basque-inspired and made Leek Soup, Pimientos, Garbanzos, and Beef Stock! I felt like Superwoman and it was all really tasty! Other weeks I go for fun recipes from the cookbooks I have. I try to cook like that more often than opening a can of chili or making my standard college fare of pasta with olive oil, minced garlic, garlic sald, and parmesan (sometimes adding veggies or chicken)...though that is still the ol' standby. :)
I hope you'll check out Rach's blog and maybe enter the contest yourself!
Much love, me.
3 comments:
oh wow, that was super speedy. awesome sauce! thanks so much Alison, your kind words make my day. and hey, I just looked at some of those snow pics. Nice shots!
Looking forward to being a guest at your table during Easter week! Love, Mom
I looked at Rachel's blog (2 months too late to enter myself!) and was so excited to see that you won the giveaway! When is she having another one? Free baguette pans would totally incentivize Duke to bake for me more... ;)
Post a Comment