Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Full Steam Ahead!

My apologies for not posting recently. I have been going nonstop!

May consisted of finishing up this semester's video game research with the kids. It was frustrating to say the least. My co-researchers seemed to disappear and we finally just stopped going and went with the data we had. I also started writing some articles for Livestrong.com mostly about ideal body weight for different populations. I have the links on facebook, or if you'd like to read them, I can send them to you. :)

I have also been interning for the International Food Information Council (IFIC). I am working on a paper on energy balance and different factors involved with that. We all went to the Nationals game last Friday and had a great time! Too bad we didn't get to go on Thursday for Strasburg's debut. He is amazing. We have a pool going on the World Cup at IFIC and I pulled Italy, so go Italy!! I win moola if they get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Here's hoping for the first repeat World Cup since 1962. :)

I am taking two classes, one of which ends in 2 weeks. Thank goodness! I don't like it at all. It is the biological basis of public health and I feel like I should have been able to petition it as it is all review for me. :( The other one is Policy Approaches to Public Health and is quite enjoyable.

I am working for my department chair in order to get tuition reimbursement for my summer classes and thus far I have helped her update a textbook chapter...hopefully we will start doing some research up at the USDA soon. I don't know if I can take much more literature searching as it is what I am doing in my internship.

In sports news, Jesse and I have been watching the basketball playoffs and now finals (Go Boston!). I have also been able to watch the World Cup. I like watching sports because they don't require absolute attention to follow the "story line" so I can get some work or studying done at the same time. :)

I am still trying to decide what to do for my birthday. We will be here in DC. We are also trying to decide what to do for our anniversary. I will keep you posted!!

No comments: