Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer!

I think it's fitting to write this entry as today officially marked the end of my summer, aka the first day of school. I have loads to catch up on!!

When I left you last, it was two days before my 26th birthday! To celebrate, Jesse and I went on a "wine and tapas cruise" on the Potomac. Let's just say it was a nice boat ride that offered some food and beverages. :) We had dinner in National Harbor after the cruise. It was a really nice day, but reeeealllly hot and humid, so we were pretty wiped out after the boat ride.

I took two summer courses. I absolutely LOVED my policy class. The professor was fabulous and the class really challenged me to think of issues in different ways.

I was also working for the International Food Information Council on a document explaining calorie and energy balance. I didn't end up finishing at the end of July as I'd hoped, and am now in the process of repositioning/rephrasing the final version. Lucky for me, I get to be a part of some consumer research along the same lines that will be somewhat influential on the upcoming Dietary Guidelines!

Abby became a foot monster for some reason after we took her to the vet.



We celebrated our anniversary by going wine tasting at a local winery the weekend before as Jesse was supposed to work on the actual day! He ended up getting the day off, so we went to a famous 24-hour diner in the neighborhood, then went to our favorite bar/movie theater to watch Iron Man 2! It was a fun date day. :)

For the beginning part of August I got to visit California!! The first part of the visit I spent in Fres-yes and the rest I spent traveling to visit other family and friends.

Evan greeted me at the airport and we went to "see Mariana!"


We also got to meet Mariana's new baby, my niece, Melina!


Tia Li and Meli :)

Mom and I got to hang out with Evan and I took him to see his Papa. He got to have an afternoon of no pants, juice, and graham crackers. I think it was pretty close to heaven for him :-p



On August 7th the Petrucci clan descended upon Fresno to celebrate Papa's 85th! The men partied by the pool :) I love how Reesie snuck in as he was in the pool.



After the party, Mom and John went up to Oregon, so I got to have the Prius for the week! I drove up to Stockton to see my high school friend Abby's new house. It is gorgeous!! I hung out with my in-laws some, visited with Jesse's best friends, and got to see my good friend Katie who is recently returned from the Peace Corps and is planning to move to DC!! I also got a Davis day in which I had about 6 dates and got to see my old walking buddy, Christina, who recently got married; the old roomies Mary and Dani; Newman buddies Liz and Alex; Deacon Clark and another Newman buddy Christina; and Amy Vyv who is getting married soon!! After that I made the jaunt over to SF to see Unka D. Then I went down to check out my sister's new digs in Merced.

It was quite a whirlwind and I was exhausted by the end of it!! But I was sooo glad to have been able to see so many friends and family members.

The weather was delightful in CA and I did NOT want to come back to the East Coast heat/humidity. Yuck-o! But things haven't been too bad since I've been back. I start teaching Pilates this semester. I'm excited and I hope I am able to provide a fun and challenging fitness routine for my students.

I have also started an internship at the Pentagon doing nutrition programming. I'm pretty excited about everything going on. Went to happy hour with some school friends as a welcome back. Some of us are going kayaking on Sunday and Leigh and I are going to play on Monday, though we're not sure what we're going to do.

I apologize for not posting often, but as you can see, I have been quite busy!!

No comments: