Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Touristy Labor Day Weekend

Oh my gosh. We could NOT have asked for better holiday weather! It has been gorgeous! Friday afternoon Jesse met me at Arlington Cemetery and we walked over to the Marine Corps Memorial. It was a very nice walk (of course we got lost at first!) and the views of the monument and the city in the background were AMAZING. We saw one of my professors riding his bike home and as we waved at each other, Jesse was like, "Do you know him?" :-p No, Jesse, I just wave at random guys in front of you. Silly.

Yesterday we had a sleep in and then went downtown. I went to the National Archives to see the end of Part I of the Civil War exhibit (part II opens November 10th). Jesse had gone in April with Ryan, so he went to the National Gallery of Art. He got thrown out because of his water bottle, so he went to the Sculpture Garden and the Natural History Museum. After a nap, he went grocery shopping while I studied. Sweetheart.

Today he dropped me off at church on his way to work, and then I walked home afterwards. It only took 20 minutes! The weather was absolutely gorgeous. Leigh picked me up and we went over to Georgetown for tapas at Bodega. Our friend Meagan works there. The food was really good. Best croquetas I have had outside of Spain. It was wwaaaaayyyyy better than Jaleo. Yum! Afterwards, we walked over to Jack's Boathouse and rented a kayak. We had a very peaceful hour winding our way from Key Bridge to Memorial Bridge and back. But we are sure our arms are going to hurt tomorrow!! Though we did decide that we should do it more often, and if we did, we would have smokin hot arms! :)

Tomorrow we are meeting up to go on the Botanic Gardens tour and then are picnic-ing somewhere grassy.

Oh yeah, and studying. =/

No comments: