I get pretty excited when I make it in time to catch one of the "express" buses. It means there are only 11 stops as opposed to 27 and it gets me home in 20 minutes instead of 30-45. However, this excitement falters when the bus breaks down as soon as you hit the freeway and cars are rushing by you on either side. Not to mention it is 95 degrees outside and the air conditioning is obviously not on as the bus broke down. And it also happened to be the day I rushed out of the house after switching bags and didn't have my kindle or ipod, so I just had to sit there in the heat, sweating. Whatever, I was not overly bothered, except that the bus driver didn't ever announce what had happened or what was going on. We only had to wait 30 minutes until the next "express" bus came and picked us up, however, it defeated my purpose of taking the "express" bus as it took me an hour to get home instead of 20 minutes. At least I had my abanico (pictured) to circulate the hot air around me...


...that bus you see flying by was not the bus that came to save us...it just flaunted its working engine as it barrelled by on its way to take people home quickly :(
On a related note,
this video is pretty funny if you are familiar with the DC metro system...
2 comments:
HILARIOUS VIDEO...BUT WE ALWAYS HAD GOOD EXPERIENCES!
Oh, wow...thanks for blogging though, I really enjoy your misery, haha!! Miss you Buddy :)
Post a Comment