Do you ever get so busy and caught up in everything going on that you forget that God is standing right beside you every step of the way?
Do you ever feel like even though you pray throughout the day and at night, your prayers have gotten somewhat stale?
Do you ever go to church and realize all of the above because of one song?
That happened to me today and I know it's happened to me before. Mass wasn't particularly engaging today until the communion song for me. In that moment when they began to play the intro and I realized what it was, the tears came and I prayed more fervently and with more gratitude than I have in awhile. "Here I Am" is what the song was and it just hit home. With all the stress of three group projects and two research studies starting up and my internship and applying for post-graduation jobs and preparing for my research presentation at a conference in a few weeks and trying to get everything set up for next semester and Uncle Dennis's cancer coming back and him having brain surgery and losing the use of his left arm and being so far away, it finally caught up with me that I need to be more conscious of God's presence, even though I thought I had been doing ok in that department.
We all need help and sometimes we feel so far away from those who love and care about us. I often forget that I am not alone at all, ever, because God is always there with me, rooting me on, guiding me, and helping me out.
I hope you realize that, too.
1 comment:
You are so right. When I am down I pray to him and know that he will provide guidance.
Post a Comment