Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Boston: Games 4 Health

I got to go to the 2011 Games 4 Health Conference in Boston with my two research advisors.  It was really interesting to meet people from the public health sector, the video game design sector, and those who are trying to bridge the gap.  Our research on active video gaming compared to traditional PE activities fits right into this arena.  I even got the opportunity to work with Mobile Adventure Games and help them come up with a way to involve academia.  They will be highlighted at the American Public Health Association Annual Meeting in DC this October.  I'll be presenting our research there, so it waill be fun to have all these activities come together.

Since Mom was in town for graduation and Jesse took off work, they came with me!  We had a really great time even though the weather was ridiculous!  It was cold and rainy and foggy the whole time!  The conference was interesting and allowed me to play video games pretty much the whole time, so it wa a fun few days as well!  Mom and Jesse got to explore Boston while I was at the conference, so I think they had a nice time, too.  I got to see a few of my old coworkers from UCD as they are both at Tufts finishing up their RD/MS degrees.  It was a really fun opportunity and I feel so lucky to have been able to do such neat things during my graduate school career.  :)


 Jesse and I walked around Cambridge and found some beautiful old buildings that we have no idea what they are :-p  This was after we had delicious lobster rolls with Todd & Karen and went looking for beanies in the middle of May!  We found some at a military surplus store!  








Harvard Law Library

 Jesse and Mom before heading out in their limo for a private tour of Boston!!  Jealous!
 Such a lovely view of Boston across the harbor...
 The President was in town, too! I caught him landing at the airport from the elevator at the hotel :)
 I thought this was a really rad laptop sticker :)

1 comment:

alivaux said...

I don't know why some of the pictures are huge and some are normal...sorry!