Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

And so time ticks away...

My best friend had the most b-e-a-utiful wedding!! It was so fun and I was so blessed to play such a big part.  But now that that's over...I have time to focus on my wedding (and my move, and training my replacement, etc).  I had a mini-breakdown on Monday night and Jesse is just the best.  He just hugged me and told me he had no idea I was under such stress (mostly self-imposed, of course) and that he was glad I shared it with him, so we made a master list.  It's a big one.  This weekend we are dedicating to planning out a schedule and making sure we have everything under control.  

As of today we have 100 guests coming to the wedding!!  So exciting!  But we also haven't heard back from about 150 people, so that's frustrating (especially considering the RSVP date is tomorrow).  :-(  But we have an apartment on hold and the management is reviewing our applications.  Jesse got a call from HR at the DC office asking him to call them tomorrow, so that's promising!  We booked our moving company, and some neighbors who just moved into the building just dropped off their boxes, so I think we'll be set!!  

We are getting lots of gifts delivered to Mom's house that we'll need to move up here at some point to pack into our moving pod, but I just couldn't live in a studio apartment surrounded by so many boxes!!  The boxes I have are on the balcony so I don't have to deal with them. :-p

I'm getting really excited about moving, but also really sad because I love the city I live in and the people I live near to.  It's going to be really hard to be across the country from everyone, so come visit us!!!

Love you all and please keep in touch!!!!

3 comments:

Steph said...

I'm going to miss you buddy, but I'm uber excited for you too! What's cooler than newlyweds in a new city? You guys are going to have a lot of fun!!!

Unknown said...

Aw, until I read this post I hadn't even really thought about the fact that my little princess sunshine was going to be living on the opposite coast for a long time. :( I was just excited for you. Now I'm sad for me.

kristene said...

I wasn't going to tell you but I had my breakdown on Tuesday! John had been asking me what was wrong all day Monday and I just couldn't put my finger on it I just felt a little low. Then Tuesday morning as he was going to work I said, "Oh my God, Alison is getting married and is moving 3000 miles away." I sobbed, he was late to work, and then I felt much better! :-) I'm here to do whatever you need me to do! Just let me know. Love, me