Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Worst Day

Oh man, Thursday was such a bad day!!  It seemed that everything kept going wrong!

I decided to take the early shuttle to Davis since my internet was being installed between 12-2 so I could get some hours in before and after.  The plan was to wake up at 6am, take the shuttle to Davis at 7am, come back on the 11am shuttle, wait for the guy to install my internet, take the shuttle back, and work until 5 or 6.  

Here's what happened:

I woke up two hours late, had to drive to work in Davis instead of take the shuttle, drove back to Sac to wait for the guy, he showed up at 1:15pm (perfect!, I thought), but the managers weren't in the office to open the electrical room for him to turn it on, so he had to come back at 2pm.  He got to my place at 2:15pm, it took him an hour, so I missed the 3:10pm shuttle I was planning to take back to work.  I would have had to wait to take the 4:10pm shuttle, get there at 4:45pm, and I didn't like the shuttle times of 6, 6:45, or 8pm, so I decided it wasn't worth it.  I broke a CFL while I was moving a lamp, and you can't throw those in the trash, so I went downstairs and got a box from the managers, who told me to bring it to them and they would take care of it.  I am pouring all the little lightbulb pieces into the box on my patio because I don't want to get it on my floor, and part of the lightbulb rolls off my balcony and shatters on the sidewalk and the downstairs neighbor's patio.  So I go down, clean it up, and decided I should just stay in my apartment because I was bound to run into more problems either en route or at my job.  

Every time something else happened I couldn't help thinking, "Are you SERIOUS?!?!?!"  It was insane!!

I'm doing much better now, though.  :-)  I will post pictures of the furnished apartment soon.

Love you, me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you tell your neighbors to quit smoking while you were down there? Uncle Jim