Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Saturday, November 14, 2009

November is already halfway over?!?!s

Wowzers! I can't believe it's already mid-November!

Halloween fell after my last post. Jesse and I didn't have any plans and then we found out one of my friends was having a party and a bunch of my classmates were going out. So with two hours to spare before the party we had to figure out what to be!!! We bought a costume last year, but didn't wear it and then gave it away so we wouldn't have to move it. Crap. We decided to dress up as two of my professors. :) Jesse looked fabulous as Todd in his snazzy dress shirt and tie. Unfortunately, the cufflinks (Todd's signature) didn't work with Jesse's shirt :( I dressed as the chair of our department...she has curly dark hair like me. :) Here's a few pictures!
Jesse and me :)
Kyle, Erin S, Alfonso, Brooke, Jason, Mike, and me. :) Erin G and Mallory weren't there :(

Last weekend I flew to Arizona, sadly without my Jesse, to attend my cousin Katie Calvet's (now Figueroa) wedding. It was so much fun!! Evan was so excited to see Matchi on Friday, but after we went swimming on Saturday he wanted nothing to do with me :( Steph, Duke, and Evan picked me up from the airport and then the Petruccis, Webers, and us had dinner at the casino we were staying at. Evan kept saying "Wheel of Fortune" whenever he saw the Wheel slot machines. :) Adorable. I wanted to hang out with Aimee, Mom, John, Alex, and the Antoninos, but I was sooo jet-lagged and lame!! I was the only one who had a real time change. Apparently that crew found a live band in the casino and danced until 2am!! Only Vincie, Jesse, and Pete were missing. Best parts: Real Men of Genius toast to Joe by Dan and Paul (like the Budweiser commercials) and Katie dancing with Tio Doug then Anthony (her 9 year old son) cutting in. So emotional! And it was the same father-daughter song Dad and I danced to! Talk about tears!!

We decided we weren't going to leave the dance floor. We being basically Kindra, the Antoninos, and me. We had a blast! I left at 11pm (1am my time) and iced down my knees. :-p The rest of the crew partied until midnight. Sunday Mom changed my flight so I could go to the brunch. With the extra time I had I decided to put $20 into the slots. I lost $5 on the Indiana Jones machine and a few more on another one, then I hit it big!! I pressed the 30 lines + wheel on the Wheel of Fortune penny slot and won $250!!! It was awesome! I spent my winnings on some new athletic shoes and workout clothes. :) Now I'll look almost as good as Mom when I work out.
this one is for Teddy...John wearing real shoes!
Mom and her babies :)
all the girl cousins except Tawny who was relieving her pregnant bladder :-p
Joe and Katie gettin down!
Beautiful bride Katie and MOB Tia Julie :)


I was very productive during my down time at the airports and during the flights. Yay! Catherine (my bridesmaid) arrived for a vacation on Monday night. I was suuuper busy with school and work this week, so unfortunately we didn't get to visit as much as we would have liked, but while I was at school being productive, Catherine was getting her sightseeing on. She did almost all the things on her "must-see" list. :) She is at her grandma's house in Southern Virginia (do they call that SOVA like they call Northern Virginia NOVA? I feel like we are in a NorCal-SoCal debate!) and she is coming back to our house Tuesday. She flies back home on Wednesday. Last night we spent the remainder of my gambling winnings on tickets to the Arlington Cinema and Drafthouse to see the Sklar brothers. We didn't really know who they were but knew we'd seen them before...then it hit us. They are on all those "I love the 80s" type shows!! They were absolutely hilarious!! I was worried because the opener and featured comics weren't that great. In fact the first guy was not good at all. But the Sklar brothers delivered!! :)

I have finals approaching quickly and the end of the semester is drawing near. I just finished my term paper. Now I just need to turn it into a powerpoint presentation. I have to keep up on studying for my other classes as well. Mom and John are coming to visit next Saturday. They are heading to NYC to see Sam on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. If there is no snow, we are heading to Aunt Cathy's house in Ithaca. Should be fun!

Jesse just finished his training classes and was the first one done with his tests both Fridays! He's so smart. :)

We are walking in a Lung Cancer Walk around the monuments tomorrow. Should be fun. We are going to do some museum-ing later. :)


3 comments:

kristene said...

Thanks for the update...I look everyday at your blog longing to hear about your very fun and wonderful life! Thanks. Your pics and comments were darling (and he it doesn't hurt to have a picture of your dear ol mom in there!) Can't wait to see you in 6 nights! Love, Mom

Rachel said...

haha, nice costumes. thanks for the pics!

Madi said...

llooooooveee the john pic!!!

i really wanted to go to your cousins wedding. i know i wasn't invited and don't know her, but your family parties are always such fun!

good luck with studying and such!