Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Monday, January 14, 2008

El fin de semana

1) Stephanie and me with some huge plant.
2) Ebbe and me with a view of Antigua behind us.
3) our beachfront hotel
4) nature preserve
5) my yellow house...note the roof







Hello beautiful friends and family!

Many of you have expressed concern about my roof situation, so I will clarify with a picture of the house. I forgot to take a picture of my ceiling, so this will have to suffice. :-)

This weekend I went to the beach with my friend Stephanie, who is from Davis. :-) We spent an enjoyable time at a hotel right on the beach!! I spent most of the weekend in a hammock. The air was really thick and it was really hot, and of course I didn't drink enough water so I was pretty wiped out. It was definitely nice to come back to cool Antigua. We met a guy from Denmark named Ebbe who was coming to Antigua to study at our school, too! Turns out he's living on the same street as me! Today we went to a vista point called Cerro de la Cruz above the city. It was really nice. Here is a picture of us. The photographer was Danny Brough-Stevenson, whom I went to New York with in 2003 with the Clovis West choir. Can we say random?? How small is this world?!?!?!

A german guy named Hilko, also a student at our school, and I went on a canoe ride through a nature preserve yesterday morning. We saw the sunrise and some beautiful flowers and birds. He, Stephanie, and I, along with another student and our teachers, visited a macadamia nut plantation on Friday. We got free facials and massages and learned many uses of macadamia nuts! And apparently the trees are super awesome oxygen producers!

Three new students moved into our house and Ebbe is right down the street, so I'm feeling a lot less lonely. And physically I'm feeling better, too. The weekly activities look like a ton of fun, so hopefully I will have a super great week. :-) I still miss everyone at home, though!!

All my love, me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am happy you are happy john

Anonymous said...

I still don't understand about the roof, but I'm glad you are having a good time. Ebbe is cute.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!

Uncle Jim

The Scythe said...

lilly pads!

Madi said...

and ebbe is how old?.....and pronounced how?

but seriously, i hope your foreign massage experience was better than mine =) sounds like your having a blast! and your voicemail was right...i would be having tons of fun with you.