Monday: school was fun, played a game called "blah blah blah" with zach and charlie which is basically like the truth half of truth or dare...entertaining to say the least! After school I went to the market with Ebbe and Rico. The market is HUGE and sells anything you can imagine. To give you an idea, Ebbe bought a cap and a carrot, and it's the same place I bought Enchanted and Stephanie and Rico bought running shoes. Ebbe and I had a salsa class in the afternoon, and in the evening I chilled at home.
Tuesday: everyone woke up late, we were all late for school, and everyone was in kind of a weird funk/bad mood. Zack, Ebbe, and I watched a weird movie featuring Nito and Neto during school and made nachos. I pretty much ate all day. Rico and I watched Zoolander on Amelia's computer in the afternoon, during which I started feeling really achey. I then proceded to get a fever. Needless to say, not a very pleasant evening. I watched some Homestar Runner on Amelia's computer to cheer me up, but I went to bed pretty early.
Wednesday: didn't go to school. Slept until 3:30pm. Only left the house to go to the pharmacy.
Thursday: after a restless night of having to use the bathroom, I decided I am suffering from traveler's diarrhea...I know, TMI, right? Sorry, but that's what's up. So I am now taking cipro and it is helping. I didn't leave the house at all, instead preferring to sleep the entire day and read Harry Potter 4 when I was awake.
Friday: I felt much better this morning! I went to school and everyone was so excited to see me! It made me feel so good!! My teacher told me that yesterday and the day before no one really came over to our garden (we're in a separate garden with about half of the students), but today Ebbe came over, Zach and Charlie and I were all talking, and no one was studying! So what did we do? Take pictures, of course! Yoli (my teacher in case I haven't introduced her yet) and me in the picture on the left (with Ebbe in the background trying to ruin the pic and also Jake, the nice man from Portland, OR who brought marshmallows to the volcano). Zach, me, Charlie, and Ebbe on the right. I feel so short next to them!!
Yoli said all the commotion was because I was back, that I was the glue that held the group together. :-) When did I get so popular?? I am in the middle of The Group...you know, the popular crowd that everyone wants to be a part of? This is a whole new experience for me! I LIKE it!! :-p After class Zach, Ebbe, Iliana and I went to buy our tickets to Lake Atitlán for the weekend. Rico's coming with us, too. It should be super fun and I hope my body cooperates! On top of my illness it's that time of the month so I'm pretty much in the best health I could be! (hah, can you sense the sarcasm much?)
I talked to my roommate Mary yesterday and heard our other roomie Dani laughing in the background and got really homesick for my apartment. I miss my girls! And I miss my work peeps. And of course I miss my family and friends at home, too. It was especially hard to be holed up in bed and missing home yesterday due to an unpleasant anniversary, but I'm in a really great place in life and geographically, so I'm fine. :-D
Keep commenting, I love it!! Muchos besos y abrazos a todos, yo.
5 comments:
So glad you're feeling better. Hugs and kisses from me, and snorts from your godson! Love, Steph
Did you drink the water? Ugh!!!
--------------------------------
Just got back from New Orleans. Great food, gumbo, oysters, beignets, jazz and saw the first parade this year for Mardi Gras on Bourbon Street. Fun! Miss you! Love, Uncle Jim
Congrats on being popular! Haha...knew that was always a life goal of yours...silly girl! Your body functions don't sound too fun right now but your life does...I'm beyond jealous! Oh and don't worry....your work peeps miss you too!!! : )
Your girls miss you too!!!!
one of my prek kids told me he had diarrhea, and decided to draw a picture of it at art (which i of course was heading). i didn't get it at first, and we always ask the kids "tell me about your picture" so we can write it down.
"it's my diarrhea. when i shot it out, it was green, but the water turned it brown. mom said it's because i don't eat my begztables, but i know it's becuase i had flu like symtoms."
......and yes, i wrote all of that down. it's up to my director if she wants to put display it on the wall with the others. it was hilariously disgusting =) i love my job.....
Post a Comment