It has been quite a week! At work we were rushing rushing rushing trying to get all our data analyzed so we could submit an abstract (summary) of our research to a conference, but we ended up deciding not to after looking over everything. So, I looked at bp data for hours upon hours upon hours. We're having a meeting next week to discuss everything. That took up a lot of my time last week. The good thing was that I got to work in the office downstairs with Rose and she is awesome. We get along really well.
This past weekend Jesse and I went to Fresno since I hadn't been home for more than a few hours since my birthday!!! We took Friday off so we had a lazy day. We got to see Steph and Co. at Waffle Square after they went to the library for story time. Apparently Evan was the only kid with an entourage. :-p Duke told me Tuesday if Obama won, I wasn't allowed to see Evan...that didn't last. heehee
We went on the Madera Wine Trail Saturday with Mom, John, and Alex. Mom was our DD and had a whistle and got water at each stop (she got a DD packet at the first winery). After wine tasting we went to dinner at GiGis. It was ok, but not as good as the lasagna we had at the Antoninos on Sunday night! Mom, Alex, Jesse, and I went bowling Saturday night. So fun! After we dropped off Alex we rented Get Smart and watched it with John (Mom fell asleep). Love that movie.
Sunday we thought we were going to be blocked in because of the Two Cities marathon (the Sugar Pine Trail basically cuts us off from the rest of the city!!). However, we were lucky and they opened one of the roads about 30 minutes before we needed to go to church. We met Mariana at the Newman Center for Mass, then stopped by Noni and Papa's to say hello. They are so adorable. They were enjoying a glass of wine and some candy before they went to the Fresno State basketball games (both teams won, by the way). We went to lunch with Dad, Uncle Jim, and Aunt Mary at Marie Callendar's. YUMMY!
We did some shopping, had dinner at the Antonino's and then hit the road! We got home about 10:30pm. It was a perfect weekend. Relaxing, yet productive.
I worked yesterday and had dinner with Angela and Erica, two of the girls I worked with as a peer advisor. Love them. We went to a new NY Pizza joint in Davis called "Uncle Vito's Slice of NY." Delish.
I'm celebrating Veterans' Day by doing around the house chores, errands, and eating lunch with a recently-returned veteran of the Iraq War, my friend Miguel. I got to chat with my other internationally located friends Ryan and Beth, and Liz briefly this week as well. Love them and miss them and am soooo jealous of them! I really want to go back to Guate.
Jesse is working, but yesterday he went shopping and filled my fridge with yummy foods so we can have dinner together. We've been eating over here so we don't have to worry about coordinating kitchen time with his roommates.
I've also been going to the gym. I have a trainer and she is kicking my butt!!!! I feel like such an adult. I especially did last Tuesday because I woke up, walked down to my polling place, voted, went to work, came home, made dinner, went to the gym, and then Jesse came over to eat the rest of my dinner. Life is soo great!! I'm so blessed and loved and have so many wonderful people in my life.
Thank you to each of you. Love, me.
1 comment:
Loved having you and Jesse for the weekend even if you kicked out butts in bowling you little 10 pin queen! Loooooooooove hearing about your adult life...I'm so proud of you! Hey, where are current videos of Evan? Love, Mom
Post a Comment