This has been quite a month! It started with Mary, Jesse and I going to the Homecoming Football game (it was freezing in case you couldn't tell!).
After my last post my best friend got engaged!!! She came up for the weekend and we went shopping for dresses. It was really fun. We also participated in the Making Strides walk for breast cancer through downtown Sac. It was really fun, but totally wiped us out, so we basically took a giant nap for the rest of the day. :-) We went to Evangeline's Costume Emporium (3 story costume shop in Old Town). I've always wanted to go and man, it was something!! There were way too many people to really peruse, though.
I've had a busy few weeks at work. I'm starting to learn some of the laboratory side of the study, so that's cool. Mostly I've just helped Minnu wash stuff. :-p But I did make a buffer solution!! I feel like a real scientist!
Last weekend my friend Kathleen got married in Long Beach, so about 10 of us met up down there for the party. It was so much fun!! It was on par with a Petrucci wedding. I was telling Jesse it's because Catholics know how to party and he kept bringing up weddings he's been to and I kept countering with the Catholics at them (his friend Josh: Catholic wedding, his sister: her husband's family is Catholic, etc.). It was pretty great. Kathleen and John looked so happy!!! 
I'll spare you most of the dance photos... :-p It seems the dress code was blue...Steve, Arnell, Ivan, Ben, Brian, and I all wore it. Kyle and Jesse matched in all black, and Christina, Haley, and Mary looked lovely in their outfits (though I think Haley was the only one not wearing black or blue...).
The highlight of this week was taking Evan to Halloween Story Time at the downtown library. All the babies were dressed up (and a few parents, too). I joked that I dressed up as a single mom for Halloween since I worked late and didn't go out. :-p
I'm sure I've forgotten something, but I'm pooped!! I had 3 subjects finish the study last week and I started two this week. In the spirit of the election, I leave you with the address to a hilarious video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxvHkFLmqRk
May God bless your November! Love, me.
4 comments:
Thanks again for being an awesome matchi and taking our little bear to the library for his first halloween! :)
That photo of you in the blue is awesome!!! I'm glad to see you two are doing well. We certainly miss you. Give Evan a what's up pound for me....
Evan looked darling! I love how he's examining his little friend in that last pic.
I totally love your hair in that fun dancing picture! Of course, I love the dress too...but I like your hair curly and loosely pulled back. We're gonna hafta remember that =)
What a wonderful aunt you are! Love, Wita
Post a Comment