Oy...the last week was busy! Tuesday I had a meeting with my professor about a research project. Instead of planning our involvement in a current project, we decided to put in a grant application for a pilot study! :-p So in addition to going to class and reading, I did a lit search, dealt with a crazy printing dilemna, and got to price kids toys that we are going to use in the study. Also, Thursday I met up with a friend from my PA brownie troop at the Rascal Flatts concert in Virginia Beach. We got tickets from my cousin via a member of the band...2nd row!!!! It was awesome! I also got word that my best friend's father was in grave condition. Needless to say, each time I heard "Here Comes Goodbye" I lost it. :( He passed away Friday afternoon. Services are Wednesday in Fresno. I'll be home Thursday to Sunday to be with Mananana. Friday night Jesse and I got all dressed up and met Dad at the Oceanaire restaurant. Yum! Unfortunately, Dad got stuck in Chicago on his way home Saturday and got home this afternoon...but his luggage didn't. =/ Last night, though, I was texting him and Uncle Jim and they both replied (to different conversations) at the same time with the same word...how's that for a twin connection!?!?! I took a picture. :-p
Jesse's birthday was today and we went to the Pentagon Memorial and the National Museum of American History. We spent about 3 hours on our feet and didn't get close to seeing even a whole floor! We made chili in the crock pot that was a bust...we didn't cook the ground turkey before it went in and the texture was horrible! :( We ordered pizza...
We got Netflix so we could watch early seasons of NCIS and have spent our free time this week watching it. We also came across a marathon on USA last Monday and today, so we've lost much of our week to this damn addictive show!!!
Love you, me.
1 comment:
NCIS is flippin' awesome! And this weekend is premier week, woohoo! Glad to hear you guys are having fun, tell Jesse Happy Birthday!!!
Luv Ya!
Dani
Post a Comment