Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday funday...

Today started out so great!! I had a study session at 10am with some new friends :) and a good meeting with my professor. I was quite productive with work, and decided to get in a good workout before hitting the books and going to lab.

I had a super great workout, but when I came out of the gym, the road was blocked off. I decided to go around back and turn up by the hospital to get back to my building. When I readed the courtyard outside Ross Hall, I found a group of people, including my classmates and some professors. Apparently there was a suitcase abandoned outside the dorm next to Building K...so for at least an hour and 15 minutes the building was evacuated and the streets blocked off. Luckily my friends were there, too. :) When we got back to the building Dr. Danoff came out of it!!! Our Dept chair was pissed!! It was sooo funny. He had been on a conference call and his office door was closed. He went down to the locker room to take a shower bc he'd taken a run before the call and thought it seemed a little quiet, but didn't get the email notification until like 3:15pm!! Luckily it wasn't a real bomb!

So, we started lab about a half hour late and they should have warned us not to work out beforehand!!! We were doing submaximal oxygen consumption testing...my muscles were fatigued, so on the treadmill test my heart rate went from like 76 to 140 within 3 minutes!! On the bike tests, my heart rate got up to 194!!! But my rate of perceived exertion wasn't as high as my heart rate suggested...I think that was because I started out fatigued, so I didn't realize how hard I was actually working. It was fun, though. Everyone is so nice! And fun to hang out with.

Now I am watching Jeopardy and am going to make fried rice. Jesse is on a ride-along for AMR and just called saying he won't be home until late. But it was super weird when he called because our call got crossed with someone else's...crazy.

Now I have to read to make up for my hour outside!!!!

Was thinking of Uncle Dennis all day. His first chemo treatment was today. Pray for him and that he feels better when he meets Carol Burnett on Thursday night!

Love you, love, me.

No comments: