We had our first real visitor!! My mom's best friend, Teddy came to visit us from New Jersey. She arrived by Metro (from her sister's house in Maryland) and I took her on my weekly grocery shopping trip. :) Little did I know she likes to go to different grocery stores so she can see the differences! Unfortunately for me, the lack of Gallo brand salami, big bags of craisins and bulk nuts has got me all in a thither. :( Uncle Jim said I should try Trader Joe's. I'll let you know if I have success there. The salami here is all huge in diameter and it's either the fancy kind or it's Oscar Mayer...
After the shopping trip we went to Costco to pick up wedding photos! We printed some for the big frame Mariana bought us. :) I made a quick and easy chicken pot-pie for lunch...yum!!
We had planned on visiting Mount Vernon, but it was thundershowering (see video), so we stayed in and played board games! Jesse and Teddy hadn't ever played Rummikub so I taught them. At one point Jesse had so many tiles that he needed the extra tray (see below) but that didn't stop him! He won both games!!!
It was a wonderful visit and today I decided I needed to hunker down and study...so far I have only done one hw assignment of 4 (though 2 are self-imposed...trying to stay on top of things so I can enjoy Catherine and Mom/John's visits in November!). Instead I had a delightful time at church, found out I was one of 3/28 people to get an A on my exercise physiology midterm, and hung pictures in the living room. :) Now it's time to do work...I still have until bedtime, right?! And dinner is leftover chicken pot pie, so I'll be fine. :) Here's to staying on track, right?! :)
2 comments:
Yay for you busy girl! We're still in Davis, but rain came early. Good luck with studying!
How delightful to see all three of you! So glad you had a great visit. Can't wait to see you! Love, Mom
Post a Comment