Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Winter already?

So, it seems we have had a little bit of early winter weather out here on the east coast. Of course it was preceded by a few days of gorgeous weather that I was unable to enjoy due to midterm studying. :( I'm happy to report that I feel like I did well on the exam, though! :)

I have two more midterms this week. Hopefully I'll do alright on them...they are open-note, open-book. :)

I've got a lot of work on my plate as well, but I'm trying to balance everything. A few of us went to happy hour on Thursday to celebrate our test being done. It was fun. Jesse came out, too.

Luckily, this week seems to hold some nicer weather (high 60s and low 70s). This is much better than the highs we have had in the 40s this week. Yuck! We also had rain. Luckily, no snow, though!! My friend Erin's mom sent her a picture of the 8 inches of snow they got in State College, PA!! That's only 3.5 hours from here!! We've got the thermostat set at 68 and have been cuddling under blankets and wearing lots of layers...thank goodness for our awesome slippers!!

We braved the mall yesterday: bad idea. SO many people and we got totally wiped out! But we did buy all that we went for: 3 long-sleeved shirts and a pair of winter boots for me, and a pair of slacks and some new shoes for Jesse. We still need a flashlight. We've been having odd power outages in the apartment...effecting only the living room and kitchen, or only the bathroom...weird.

Today we went to church, did some errands, and then met Erin and her boyfriend Corey at the movies. We saw Couples' Retreat. It was pretty funny. The previews were good, too! They brought my air mattress over since I left it at Erin's on Tuesday after spending the night. So nice of them. And they were the first people to get to see our wedding album!! They were impressed. :)

Jesse starts his new job orientation tomorrow. He has to get up early, so he's already in bed. He's not feeling super well, either, so hopefully a good night's sleep will do him good.

Last Friday's fundraiser happy hour was fun, too. Mallory and Shane were really fun to hang out with and the bar had some good food!! :)

That's all for now. I hope you are all doing great!! Love, me.

1 comment:

kristene said...

Just love reading your log...you two are amazing! Enjoy the four seasons!!! Love, Mom