So, it was totally rainy in California when we went home, right? Well, one of those rainy days we decided to venture up north to San Francisco to see Uncle Dennis! We had a lovely afternoon and ate some delicious pizza! And Junie was quite sweet.
 |
| Junie, Unka D, and me |
 |
| Junie and the boys |
Now there's the story of the red boots. At the Exercise Science Holiday Party, Loretta, our department chair, was wearing these fabulous red cowboy boots! I told her how cute they were and she asked me what size I wore. Well, didn't I wear the same size as she did? She expressed disdain for their brightness and asked if I wanted to wear them to distress them. Of course I said yes! Free cowboy boots?! Yes please! So I enlisted my family's help in "distressing" the boots. And when I told her they were the hit of the holiday when I got back, she said I could keep them! :) Love her.
 |
| Rockin the boots at cioppino night |
 |
| Mom gettin her boot on! |
 |
| Steph cowgirl'd it up for the Vaux Christmas celebration |
It was so nice to be home and not have to worry about work or school! For the first few days I didn't know what to do. At one point, though, Jesse caught me drowning in a sea of technology!!
 |
| iPad, laptop, text messaging? I'm set! |
 |
| We drove by the state capitol building and its tree when we were in downtown Sac. I loooooved living right down the street from this place. I'm kind of fond of capitals, in case you didn't know ;) |
We celebrated the Vaux Christmas on the 26th. One of our traditions is popping crackers. They are cardboard tubes wrapped in paper with surprises inside and they make a loud "crack" when you pull the tabs. Dad went all out this year and bought the ones with the foil crowns. We usually get the tissue paper ones and by the end of dinner they are stuck to our oily foreheads! Luckily you couldn't see that this year!!
 |
| Jesse embraces my weird family traditions |
 |
| Merry Christmas! Love, the Bjerkes 2 |
 |
| Mommy and Evan read one of his Christmas books |
One day we got to have a girl's day! When I was in college, Mariana would come over and we would veg and read People magazine and watch movies and just hang out. This year we got to do that (Jesse went to the gym) and Melina joined in! Mom watched her while Manana and I got manicures. Heavenly.
 |
| look. at. those. cheeks!! |
 |
| Mom, can I have a breadstick? I'm old enough for complimentary foods, right? |
 |
| Boon. I'm sure someone got the puppy dog eyes when they found him up here and just couldn't make him get down. What a life! |
 |
| My twin. He can rock a Christmas apron like no one I know. |
 |
| Jesse watched Evan while Steph and I went to the bathroom at Target. Where's Evan?! |
 |
| There he is!! (Who in their right mind would wear this hat?!?!) |
 |
| Aaahh! So many new clothes! |
 |
| Wearing Matchi's glasses |
 |
| We went to visit Uncle Jim and Evan got in the coffee table...looks like we're keeping him in a cage! |
 |
| Evan told Tio Jesse he made cookies and bit each one! :-p |
After two glorious weeks at home with friends and family, we were ready to return to our life here, and especially our kitty!!
 |
| Soooooo ready to go back to our own place. |
Happy 2011 everyone! I hope this year is abundant in blessings and love for you all.
1 comment:
LOVED the blog, and of course LOVED HAVING YOU IN CALIFORNIA!
Post a Comment