Good morning!
As my classes all go until way later than I would like to admit these days, I don't go into the District until later. This gives me time to enjoy a heartier breakfast while studying from home in the mornings. In an effort to incorporate more vegetables into my diet, I have been making 13-minute omelets (which sounds like a lot of time at first glance, but it's literally so easy I put it on and then go finish getting ready and when I'm done breakfast is served!) with spinach and whatever other leftover chopped veggie we have floating around. The great thing about this recipe is you can put whatever the heck you want in it (healthier with more veggies and no meat/cheese or full on fixins for a few more calories) and enjoy the feeling of satiety that takes you through the morning. So without further ado, here is the recipe that I believe came from my Tia Julie (Mom, correct me if I'm wrong).
Easiest Omelet Ever
Ingredients:
2 eggs
handful of spinach
handful of other chopped up veggie of your choice
sprinkle of low-fat shredded cheese
a hearty "pinch" of chopped up ham/turkey/whatever lunch meat you think would be tasty
dash of salt and pepper to taste
quart-sized baggie
Bring a pot of water to boil (enough that will cover your baggie/baggies as this is a great way to cook custom omelets for a ton of people all at once...just choose your required pot size and go to town! Christmas morning totally easy, whaaaaat???)
Crack eggs into baggie and squeeze all air out as you close it. Smush the eggs until they are beaten. Open the bag and add your fixings. Again, squeeze all the air out. Place baggie into pot of boiling water and set timer for 13 minutes. After 13 minutes simply slip the omelet out of the baggie onto a plate and voila! Enjoy with a piece of toast and a glass of orange juice/milk/tea/coffee for a healthy, balanced breakfast!
D-E-L-I-S-H!!! Sure beats scarfing down an english muffin with peanut butter at the bus stop, huh?
1 comment:
Yum! Omelets are one of my favorite breakfast items...I like to have them for dinner too :) Thanks for posting this recipe Buddy!
Post a Comment