Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Friday, February 15, 2008

amor.

Yesterday was SUCH a great day!

I made Valentines for my friends and Casimah was so happy because she thought it was going to be her first Valentine's Day without a card in a long time, but I gave her one. :-) (ay! this keyboard is american and i'm totally used to the guatemalan ones so i keep mis-typing!)

During the break at school I was eating nachos with the teachers, and heard that a student named Dave was going to propose to his girlfriend after the break. So, being the shutes (nosy people) that we are, Rosy, Yoli and I went to watch! It ended up being good because the guy needed to talk to someone in English to calm his nerves and I also took a video for him. It was SO sweet! He wrote a little book in spanish and drew pictures of their vacation, and the last page said, "Quieres casarte conmigo?" We were all crying. And jokingly we said, "So, where are we going to toast?!" And Dave was like, "Wherever you want!" So we went and toasted with some Sangre del Toro wine.

After lunch I went to school to prepare for Zach's fiesta. I blew up like 30 balloons and taped up the letters Rosy had made. It was awesome because Zach totally didn't see me and I walked by him twice! And when everyone showed up at 4pm, he was like, are you guys bored? What are you doing here? And then he was opening the beer that someone gave him and we all went back to the room for the party and he didn't notice! He thought we all just left. So it was a successful surprise party. We had delish cake and nachos and someone got him a bottle of vodka. :-p

I had a dance class in the afternoon and Mike asked if I was going to go out. I told him no, I'll probably just cry in my room because I don't have a chico. :-p He said, "No quieres que yo sea tu chico?" (you don't want me to be your chico?) haha. So he made me promise to go out with him...but I called him at 10pm and he was sick and in pain from an accident he had after our class, so he couldn't come out! :-( I didn't really feel that great anyway and didn't want to be out, so I was kind of glad to go home. I went to visit him today at the dance studio and he had a fever and was feeling bad. =/

Today a bunch of us went to view a velacion. Velaciones are scenes from the Bible presented at different churches during Lent to remind us of certain events in the life of Jesus. Today's was the joyful death of St. Joseph in the arms of Mary and Jesus. It is a beautiful tradition. I will put up pics later. Pedro called me after, too!! Me alegre mucho!

Tomorrow a group of us are meeting in the park at 10am to go book our shuttle to Chichicastenango for Sunday (huge mayan market). I'm going to rest in the afternoon, though. I might go to the artesans market and buy the vase I have had my eye on. Yoli and I are going to the market on Monday to buy me a new suitcase since I've bought so many things!!!

I really need to find a job when I get back to make some money! =/ 6 days!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to make a list of things you bought and their value. You'll need it when you fill out the form for U.S. Customs on your flight home. You might want to carry-on the vase so it doesn't get broken. Can't wait to see you. Enjoy your time left in Guatemala!!!! Love, Uncle Jim

Unknown said...

:) Sounds like a lovely Valentine's day, my friend! :) See you soon!

Madi said...

Chichicastenango is my new favorite word.

"Joyful death"? Who wouldn't want that?!

Isn't witnessing a proposal exciting?!?! I think I like it more than the wedding itself.

See you sooooonish!