Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Sunday, February 10, 2008

views of the city

Mom requested more photos (ha! totally just wrote fotos :-p) of the city itself, so here are some!




I love the contrast of the window/wall colors on these two buildings. "Haga clic" para verlas con mas claridad.This is a typical "corner" store. They have things packed and lined up on the walls so tightly! This pic doesn't really do it justice since I was trying to be discreet...



Another pic I tried to take discreetly of the public washing station, but the flash went off so I ran away embarrassed!!
This is a popular picture to take. I was lucky to get the cart with flowers in it, because usually it's not there!

This is the street my school is on. Yesterday as I left class the entire work crew was on lunch and sitting on the sidewalk. I didn't want to deal with walking over each worker and the comments I knew they would make, so I sort of hopped across the unfinished street and they all yelled at me like they were mad I stepped on their semi-wet cement...like my 115 pounds would hurt it, I think not. Then they changed their tune and all yelled, "Buenas tardes. Como estas? Feliz tarde. Hasta luego." Ay ay ay!!!
I took this one on the way to the Internet cafe because it is such a beautiful day!!


Also some photos from the family and from dinner last night. no idea why rico was wearing his scuba mask...


Carmen shoots Rico in the heart.



I loved the height difference in this one. :-p


Amelia left this morning. :-( I moved houses. After packing, I thought, "I'm kind of ready to go home." But my new house is beautiful, and last night's dinner reminded me that the friends that remain are fun (Zach, Rico, and Kelly). And I know I will make new friends. I was supposed to go to Tikal next weekend with Kelly, but she had a change of plans and went last week, so I think I'll save that for my next trip to Guate. I had class yesterday morning and we were the only ones at school!! It was kinda weird. Not much to report today. Hopefully this week will be super fun! Love you all, me.

ps--forgot that this morning started at 6am with a birthday firework for Luis (the dad of the house i just moved out of). I thought someone had burst into the house and opened fire. It was the scariest thing I have ever heard! I wasn't feeling super upbeat today, but I did run into a Lenten processional on the way home from lunch which was nice. I had lunch at a café and the waiter said, "Tú eres muy linda. Tienes ojos muy bonitos." Translation: you are beautiful and have beautiful eyes. So that made me feel good. I went to mass and followed along in my missal. :-) And I took a bunch of pretty sky pictures! Though I did just watch Crash at Café 2000 so that brought my mood down again. I'm sad to go home to a house that doesn't include the roommates I'm used to. Ciao for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 6th picture down reminded me of the street in front of the hotel I stayed at in Antugua. But, the others also looked familiar! UJ

Anonymous said...

Peró Chica, tú ERES muy bonita y TIENES ojos bonitos. Ya sabes! I know...I know...it means much more coming from an anonymous waiter than it does coming from your own little inner voice. :)

My guess on the snorkeling mask pic is that someone had "hecho'd" un pedo.

Come home soon. You've been gone so long, Evan is about to start college. Miss you. Love you.

Madi said...

Evan is about to start college. hilarious!!!

i loooooove the pictures!! so colorful and life filled. the washing one is my favorite. i think i'll print it out, frame it, and hang it in my future laundry room someday. make me thankful for when my whirlpool acts up, ya know? but it is a stunning pic.