I'm ready to come home. My wonderful mother changed my flight back to its original day. :-) So I will be back in Sac next Thursday!!!!! I'm very excited!
Monday was horrible. I totally broke down at school and we ended up just having to go to a café and eat cake. It's a really different atmosphere at school without Amelia and Charlie...but Rosy (Zach's teacher) made me a card and gave me a lollipop Tuesday. I am still among friends, they are just my guatemaltecos!! I had a dance class in the afternoon which totally boosted my spirits! I learned some moves where you squat down and pop back up, and my legs are SOOOO SORE!!!! Jennifer, the girl from Sweden who was at our school a few weeks ago, came back Monday night, so Kelly and I met her in the park and we went to Pollo Campero (Guatemalan KFC). We closed the place down! We didn't realize it, but it was completely empty and they were cleaning up! Oops!
Yesterday I felt a whole lot better at school. Afterwards I had a lazy afternoon sitting on the terrace. I went to dinner with Jennifer again. Then I went home to take a siesta because we were going out. Casimah, my new roommate from Malaysia/Australia, and I headed to Monoloco at 9:15pm and Mike and Carmen didn't show up until like 10:30pm!! We arrived at the same time as Samuel, Diego, and Colocho...but they went to La Sin Ventura. Some other people from school were at Monoloco, so we hung out while waiting for the others. I was talking to Marcus and he said drinks were free for the ladies since it was ladies' night, but it turned out beers weren't included, so he ended up buying my Negra Modelo while I was upstairs with everyone. We headed over to La Sin Ventura to dance. So fun! I danced with a guy named Martín who turned out to be the brother of Carmen's friend Angelica who was with us, and I danced with Mike, who is my dance teacher and Carmen's brother. :-p Colocho asked me why I left him at the BBQ with the cougar lady (who totally tried to get him to stay with her that night!) and I told him I don't dance with people while they are smoking...He ended up buying me a bottle of water and asked me to dance, but Martín and Mike pulled me onto the dance floor so he acted all offended. I eventually danced with him (giving him the eye when he started to dance with a cigarrette so he put it out), but Marcus and I left after that because it was 1am!! Marcus lives on the next steet over from mine, so that is why we left together.
I was SOOO tired this morning! School was fun. Studied, had a tea break with Rosy and Zach, and then after the break we played "basta" which is like Scattegories. Then Rosy and I played the equivalent of MASH (that game little girls play to see what their future will be...who they'll marry, where they'll live, what kind of car they'll have...). I'm pretty satisfied with the way things turned out. :-p This afternoon I took a nap, made Valentines, and a birthday card for Zach...it's his bd tomorrow. It was raining when I left the house to come here, so I put on my rain shoes and my rain jacket. I am pretty pleased with the items I packed. The only thing I needed to buy were some tennis shoes and a jacket because I forgot my other sweatshirt.
I haven't really been taking many pictures this week. Miss you all and see you soon!!! 8 days..
1 comment:
holy crap!! see you soon!!!!!
Post a Comment