Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Friday, February 8, 2008

what a week!

Tuesday night's BBQ was super fun. My dance teacher came, so we danced the night away. (photo: Carmen, Mike, me, Amelia...Carmen was Amelia's teacher and Mike is her brother. This is a teacher and student photo) After he left, someone handed me a drink and Charlie (TX), Cat, Kim, Charlie (FL), and I had fun. Photo is the case in point with Zach substituted for Charlie (FL)...apparently this is the "party tongue" which you must make for photos at parties? We all walked home together and I was like, "I'm not drunk, Charlie (TX). Are you?" because I wasn't, but then I tripped on a cobblestone! And he was like, "Oh really?" It was really funny and really bad timing. :-p I was dancing with Colocho (real name Sergio but he has curly hair and they call curls colochos here) and he lit up a cigarrette, so I was like, seeya later! That is where I cross the line. Of course there were tons of cascarrones and I had confetti in every article of clothing and in my hair for a few days. Such an odd tradition.


I have two weeks left at school. I'm not going to volunteer with the school's project after all. I went to a nearby town on Wednesday afternoon with Charlie and Cat and we had to walk up this really big hill and as soon as we got home I went to Mass, then I had to go straight home for dinner, then meet Zach at a café, then meet Amelia at another café. As a result of two days of notstop motion, I was exhausted yesterday and ended up cancelling my dance lesson. We were all (all=my game playing crew: Charlie and Zach) really lethargic at school, and ended up playing go fish and memory with cards that have opposite adjectives on them. I did get my haircut though!! I feel so much better because of it! There's nothing like taking weight off your head. :-p I went to Rainbow Café with Charlie, Cat, Charlie, Kim, and Amelia last night for a few drinks, then we went to dinner at Café Sky, this cool bar/restaurant that has a view of the city from the roof terrace. We ate on the roof. When we were walking home we saw my old crew heading out to drink. We were walking towards each other like we were going to rumble in West Side Story. It was funny. I passed out as soon as I got home, but woke up an hour later because it was raining!! Really hard! Thank goodness it didn't start until after we finished eating!


Today at school we played Scrabble for the last time. Cat played with us today. Charlie and his teacher kicked our asses...so he was happy to go out a champion. After school Amelia and I went to the spa. I got a massage and a manicure. Amazing!! Though I am used to getting only back and neck massages from male masseurs, so it was a little unexpected to have my butt massaged and the lady had big boobs and at one point was standing at my head and massaging down my back, but her boobs were smashing into the top of my head. It took all I had to not laugh!!! After the spa, we went to lunch and I ordered a chicken sandwich...then realized it was Friday, so I had to tell the waiter I needed to change my order because I'm a good Catholic. :-p I had a delicious burrito filled with black beans, tomatoes, guac, and sweet potatoes!! (the sweet potato taste negated the tomato grossness...)


I took Charlie and Cat to the plant nursery I visited on Sunday. We had fun walking around looking at the plants and I was recalling stuff I learned from BIS 1C. We had some delicious licuados (smoothies, which I am going to miss like crazy!) and talked about things we missed from home. I miss my apartment and my bike. Charlie misses his guitar. And Cat misses her sister's bed. :-p Charlie said he'd send me some "good music" since I like country (meaning non-country music to expand my musical repertoire). And he gave me East of Eden to read since I gave him Harry Potter 4.


I have class tomorrow to make up for my sick days. Ebbe's teacher is going to give me the number of a place I can reserve my copy of HP7 en español. It comes out the 21st. I have to buy another suitcase because I bought a lot of books and bulky stuff and I want to buy a cool vase, but I don't have room for it right now.

Miss you all!! I can't believe I've been here for 5 weeks! See you soon!!!! Love, me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When your dad and I were kids, our school (Sacred Heart)would celebrate Spring with poppy baskets, game booths and confetti eggs (cascarrones?). They hurt when kids would smash them on your head! I remember your Grandma would be careful cracking eggs with a spoon so there was only a small hole on the end. She'd save them for a month and then dye them different colors. Confetti was poured into the hole and sealed with a small square of colored tissue paper. I think we'd buy them for 10 cents. Fun, fun, fun! Love, Uncle Jim

Madi said...

my family..mostly my dads side, still does the eggs. those puppies hurt when cracked on your head!!! and confetti for days.....no amount of shampoo helps =) one year though.....they put beans in the eggs. runny beans. not cool.