We spent like $11 in tolls in Illinois and Indiana today and about $6 Sunday. Anyway, we got into Ohio and missed our turnoff due to the navigator talking on the phone ;) so said navigator had to find another route on our map. We made it, but we hit a crazy rain cloud!! It only rained for about 10 minutes, though. Now we are in Columbus, Ohio and went for a nice swim when we got to the hotel. Tomorrow we make the last leg of our trip to Virginia. We'll stay with Javier again tomorrow night and then Thursday we sign the papers and all of our stuff arrives between 8am-12pm. Then we start unpacking, buy furniture since ours didn't fit in the storage unit, and I start my grad program. I have a meeting on the 25th at 6pm, a GWU orientation on the 26th which I have to read a ton of stuff for a case study before, a TA orientation all day on the 27th which I have to give a 5 minute presentation for, and I have to work all day on the 28th...then school starts on the 31st. Nothin' like hitting the ground running, right? (though we did just see an episode of Myth Busters which busted the myth that hitting the ground running by foot, bicycle, or automobile actually gives you a leg up).
Can't wait to get to VA and get settled in. I'm starting to get nervous about everything, but I'm sure things will be fine. Miss you all! Come visit soon!!
Love, me.
1 comment:
Carl's Jr. is Hardee's
Bob's Big Boy is Elias Bros. Big Boy
Best Food Mayo is Helmann's Mayo
But, a lot of things are the same.
-----------------
When I lived in Michigan, I had 3 umbrellas (1 at home, 1 at the office and 1 for the car) because you never know when it's going to rain. Love, Uncle Jim
Post a Comment