Sacramento Love

Sacramento Love
Him + Me = We

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 8

What a long day!!  We left the hotel and grabbed a quick bite at Starbucks (the first we've had since California...we only saw one other in Rapid City, SD since we left).  For some reason I am absolutely exhausted.  It may have something to do with dehydration, lack of sleep, and incessant driving!!  We got to Minneapolis to find tons of road construction downtown!!  And of course our hotel is right in the middle of it.  :-p  I was so tired and hungry that I took a bath to relax and Jesse brought me some food from the restaurant downstairs.  Tiger Woods is playing in a golf tournament nearby and is staying in our hotel!!  We haven't seen him, though.

After the snack, we called the concierge for suggestions on a "Minneapolis" evening.  We headed over to Ike's Food and Cocktails and had a delicious patty melt, cup of chili, and balsamic asparagus.  We sat at the bar and the bartender was great.  He moves so fast!  I was impressed and thought of Pete and Dani.  :)  After that we went down to "Block E" on Hennepin and 6th and went to The Shout House.  It's a dueling piano bar!!  It was really fun.  I will post a video and pictures from today in another post.

Tomorrow we are off to Chicago, with a breakfast stop at Jesse's great-aunt's house in Prior Lake, MN.  Unfortunately we weren't able to connect with John's friends or my Aunt Shirley, but we didn't have very much time and I was pooped!!  We will be missing out on the Sculpture Garden, too.  :(

No comments: